The first time, I was even surprised myself that this worked!!
This recipe makes about 6 cups of Brown Rice. Cooked brown rice also freezes well in individual portions. I made this in my 7 quart slow cooker. For even heating, I would recommend that this would work best in a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
2 Cups of Brown Rice
4 Cups of Hot Water
(1) Spray the inside of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray; i.e. Pam
(2) Add 4 cups of hot tap water
(3) Turn your slow cooker to high with the lid on and let the water heat up for 30 minutes to an hour.
(4) Add the brown rice and Cook on high for 1 hour 30 minutes. Check for doneness.
(5) Remove the rice immediately so it doesn't turn mushy.
You can also make this without pre-heating the water. To do this, just use hot tap water, but increase the cook time to 3 hours and stir the rice 1/2 way through cooking.
Every Slow Cooker heats differently, you may have to play around with the exact cooking time that works best for yours.
"LIKE" our FACEBOOK page to get new recipes and additional tips at http://www.facebook.com/healthycrock
Copyright 2012 healthycrock.com This is an original recipe. You may repost this recipe and its directions only if it is accompanied by a direct link back to the article on my site. You must be given my express permission for any other use. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org