1 bone-in turkey breast
1 large onion sliced into thick slices
1 cup of carrot (optional)
2 cups of celery (optional)
2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken or beef broth (I actually prefer using beef broth because of its flavor).
garlic cloves (either 2 raw or dried minced garlic)Rosemary, Sage and Thyme, Salt and Pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
(1) Add the diced carrot, celery, onion and broth to the crock pot and stir.
(2) Rinse the turkey breast inside and out and place in a slow cooker.
(3) Drizzle your turkey with olive oil
(4) Sprinkle the top of the turkey with rosemary, sage, thyme, salt and pepper
(5) Top with garlic
(5) Cover and cook on high for 1 hour and then low for an additional 5 to 6 hours (depending on the size of the bird). The inside of the turkey breast should be 165 degrees or higher when done.
The vegetables can be removed with a slotted spoon and served as a side dish.
"LIKE" our FACEBOOK page to get new recipes and additional tips at http://www.facebook.com/healthycrock
Copyright 2011 healthycrock.com This is an original recipe. You may repost this recipe and its directions only if it is accompanied by a direct link back to the article on my site. You must be given my express permission for any other use. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org